Clinical Factors associated with Mycoplasma pneumoniae infection in 170 children admitted with Community Acquired Pneumonia
- Odd ratio (OR): Odd ratio is a measure of effect size which describes strength of association or non-independence between two binary data values. It is used as descriptive statics and plays an important role in logistic regression.
- Confident interval (CI): Interval estimate of a population parameter.
- p-value (p): Probability of observation due to chance.
- Serology positive = found antibody for Mycoplasma pneumoniae in serum of the particular people
- Serology negative = cannot found antibody for Mycoplasma pneumoniae in serum of the particular people
From the table, we can see that among 31 children among 40 children who are older than 3 years old were tested and were having antibody for Mycoplasma pneumoniae, 61 children among 130 children do not find antibody for Mycoplasma pneumoniae.
- Pediatric: Medical care of children
- This statistic shows that Infection of Mycoplasma pneumoniae appear more frequently among children.
- Among 20 adult patient, there is only a adult infected by Mycoplasma pneumoniae. But, there are 15 children among 20 children affected by Mycoplasma pneumoniae.
Chan PW, Lum LC, Ngeow YF, Yasim MY., Jun 2001, Mycoplasma pneumoniae infection in Malaysian children admitted with community acquired pneumonia, PubMed